On the Capitol grounds, visitors will also find the Governor’s Mansion, the Culture Center and State Museum, the Veterans Memorial statue, along with several other landmarks. We encourage you to spend time walking around the grassy Capitol grounds, which are shaded by large trees and offer beautiful views of the Kanawha River and the University of Charleston. The grounds are also a great place to have a family picnic or get some exercise.
The State Capitol is open to the public from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. The Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West is roughly a 10-minute drive away from the Capitol Complex, depending on traffic. Metered parking is available on the Capitol Complex, but we also offer a complimentary shuttle if you would prefer not to drive. It is easy to make a day trip out of a visit to the West Virginia State Capitol and surrounding grounds, and we invite you to stay with us as you experience the Capital City! Our front desk is eager to answer any questions you may have or provide you with directions.
Make Your reservations at the Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West and visit our beautiful State Capitol!
- West Virginia State Capitol is open Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.; Saturday – Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Hotel is a 10-minute drive from the State Capitol
- Metered parking is available
- Hotel offers complimentary shuttle service
- State Capitol grounds also include: Governor’s Mansion, the Culture Center and State Museum and the Veterans Memorial Statue